Web Adventure Kit or WAK. Is an open source development kit for the creation of Point & Click web adventures in flash. WAK is a framework plus a suit of external tools to help in the creation of different types of graphic adventures.
Posts Tagged ‘Project’
I’ve been away for a while preparing my new computer and thinking on what to do next. My last updates before switch computer was a fix sent by Mario Pozzo (Thank you) and a bug fix about some file missing in the skeleton project where if you change to “modern” adventure system you got several errors about missing settings files.
The big last change is that now you have runtime loading of assets between scenes inside the game, now from the Resource Manager you can change if an asset is embed or runtime loaded. If it is loaded in runtime you must enter a Load group or Scene id and the asset will be loaded before entering into that scene.
All changes are available in SVN under the revision 201.
Although there are tons of features pending to be implemented in WAK. I decided to make a pre-alpha release.
The SCUMM adventure style is fully implemented in this release. The following is a list of some features supported:
- A Tool for manage resources of the WAK project (ResGen).
- Character’s display entity separated from the logic character.
- Dialog systems fully implemented independent from the adventure style.
- Custom config files for the SCUMM style. (Gui, Dialogs and Inventory).
- Built-in localization for English and Spanish for the common interface text, like actions names and other common messages in the GUI and dialogs.
- Scenes implemented at 90 % the scenes supports Pathfinding, Scene Items, Walkbehind objects, Debug mode for scene edition, GateSpots .
- Inventory system implemented independent from the adventure style.
You can find the release in the download section here.
The WAK project now has its own web site where I will be posting the project’s updates and all kinds of documentation.
The first version of framework documentation was uploaded to this link and also can be found in the Blogroll section the documentation will be updated weekly as long with the project.
On the left sidebar in the “WaK Updates” you can follow up the latests commits to the project’s Subversion server.
We also have a media wiki installed where that will be filled gradually with tutorials, How-Tos and all kind of helpful stuff in order to improve your experience using WAK.